View Single Post
Old 21 October 2015, 20:31   #454
wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I wanted to introduce a scientific touch to that work by coordinating a joint effort to write a 68k test suite. Obviously, this is a lot of work, but IMHO it's the only way to really *prove* that the newly-developed CPU is doing what the original 68k is doing.
im not sure but i think matthey did some work in that direction. ill leave it for him to tell.
Quote:
See on a1k.org what that turned into: I was accused of making the project too expensive;
afair it was mostly you who accused the project to be a fake, a risc processor running forged benchmark and the like. for reference here, your post #10:
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread....hlight=vampire
Quote:
any and all reasoning *for* a scientific approach was slapped down. Merely asking for the way that the core is tested has gotten me the role of the bad guy. That's not the way to make a product.
none acused you to be bad guy. at least what i have read on open forum gunnar repeatedly proposed you to visit him and witness the project first hand, in a rather collegial tone, in fact contrary to you initial reaction.

you made a proposal to develop that test suite, but none on the forum reacted. why are people behind apollo core responsible for that? they have their own work on their hands.

Quote:
Yes, there is a core that runs a benchmark, and it runs that benchmark really fast. However, just starting the Amiga and run a few programs does not prove that the CPU is 100% working.
the core runs a number of amiga stuff, among others workbench, games, benchmarks. in other words: if it looks, smells and quacks like a duck, what is it?

admittedly, what it doesnt run is kickstart 3.9 apparently, but they are actively working on compatibility. so while i wouldnt expect it to be 100% compatible to each of the 68k processor options, it may have a chance (maybe) to be as compatible to them as they were to each other, or better.

Page generated in 0.06640 seconds with 9 queries