View Single Post
Old 19 October 2015, 15:09   #83
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
I like the old Amiga hardware but it has limitations. I like the new Amiga hardware which removes limitations while maintaining compatibility. This maximizes software availability including old and retro software while allowing more modern uses and more creativity. This should be good for everyone Amiga. Lack of standards and direction decisions are a problem for new Amiga hardware but the old Amiga hardware still works for those who prefer it. I can understand the new Amiga hardware guys arguing about which way hardware development should go but I don't understand the philosophical argument between old and new Amiga hardware.
I agree to this. Further, if someone fears limitations are lost or gone. It is unnecessary because you have or can have the same limitations as the old Hardware has when it comes to creative work. E.g. with Protracker the limitations are equal. Nearly the same goes for DPaint/PPaint. Programming just becomes more comfortable (faster compile time, higher screen resolution). Working becomes faster (response time) then on modern pc. Overall you get more freedom in doing things what you still liked as on OCS/AGA/RTG Amiga. I don`t see any real disadvantages. At least if you are not fixed on old hardware itself or have very special definition of "original".
Page generated in 0.05069 seconds with 9 queries