View Single Post
Old 19 October 2015, 14:21   #407
amenophis
A1200.NET

First i'd like to apologize for answering directly without being "invited" in this thread.

An Amiga user pointed me over here, and i've just read Jens statements which i think needed to be answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Not at all. Phillipe has made severe mistakes in planning his project, and refused to accept suggestions made by me - suggestions that would have saved him a good 40.000,- EUR. In addition to that, he failed to plan all the infrastructure that's required to actually process over 600 orders of fairly large parcels. I truly wish him the best, and that is "not reaching the financing goal". If that project reaches the financing goal, Phillipe will crack under the pressure of things that he did not plan. Just positioning yourself in front of a big machine and making the cases does not get the product safely and in time to the customer.
- We did not made any "mistakes", simply because Jens does not have any insights on the project processes we're following.

- I, and no one in the team, had received ANY suggestions by Jens.
We did not ask for any of his help. Therefore we did not refused anything.
Without knowing all details of the project, Jens simply can't throw numbers like "have saved him a good 40.000 EUR". Why €40K only ? Why not €80K ?

- We did not "failed all the infrastructure that's required to actually process over 600 orders", simply because that was the first process we've secured !
I have experience in importing and distributing goods for 20+ years, as well as working with several manufacturers in asia. I really know my way here

-"not reaching the financing goal" is for Jens a bigger market for the product he's supporting. That's all.

-"If that project reaches the financing goal, Phillipe will crack under the pressure of things that he did not plan"
My goodness, where did you get all of that shit from?
All and every steps are in place already, and shipping processes as well.
Because you're so concerned about the P&P, you should know that all cases are going to be shipped in an Amiga box. (spoil here)
All pickup & shipments have been seen already.
The only thing i could crack under, would be the weight of all these boxes.

-"Just positioning yourself in front of a big machine and making the cases does not get the product safely and in time to the customer."
Point made. Standing near that kind of machine, starring at it, does not get the things done!
That's why we're not currently standing there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld
No need to. There is a much better A1200 case project in the works, and it's been in the works for much longer than Phillipe is trying to collect money. As a result, that other project is much more elaborate, and it requires a lot less money. Even if that new case is not 100% identical to the A1200 case, it carries a lot more Amiga spirit, as it is delivering more flexibility at a lower price.

- How come another project can carries "a lot more Amiga spirit" and can be "more elaborate" than an Official Amiga 1200 case made under license ?
License that bounds us to produce perfect replicas with included enhancements.

Of course if you want/need/request "another" type of case, the one you saw (where you're not involved) is perfect, and i'm pretty sure it's a very good project as well.

All of that being said, to be clear:
- Jens does not know any of us, nor me.
- Jens does not have any insights on any of the processes we're following. Therefore he has no details on how this project is carried out, from top to bottom.

I must say that the team is pissed by this kind of assessments, but it goes with it when you do something for the Amiga community i guess.

Of course, our success would mean a smaller audience for any product of that kind IC would like to make/launch/sell.

And this is not of our concern.

Regards.
Phil

Page generated in 0.07334 seconds with 9 queries