View Single Post
Old 05 October 2015, 21:04   #892
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post
Not sure I understand...all the sound libs I use have a method like fillbuffer (void* buf) which you call to get the audio rendered from the lib.
And thus all the sound libs you use have their own internal mixing code, with various quality and different settings. That's a little bit uncomfortable for users to set things such as "replay freq" multiple times...

A player (using a note player interface), on the other hand, just fills in a structure saying, for each channel, the addr/size of the sample, its period and volume, and eventual repeat/replen values.
Then the mixing is left to other parts of the software.

Quote:
However if it's close to TCB tracker you could take a look at libxmp, there's a half working tcb player there. Maybe you could use that to build for.
I think i can guess why their tcb player is half-working...
Anyway, nothing in the libxmp docs i've found says how to integrate a new format into it. They just say how to use the lib to play things.

Quote:
Well I use FMOD as the sound engine so it doesn't really have to be custom for BZR Player. I don't know much assembly but I'm of course positive for a library/player if it has good potential.
Same situation as libxmp, no doc found about FMOD internal stuff, which would allow fixing/adding replayers.

The main problem you seem to have here with BZR is that you can only forward replay problems to the lib's authors, and hope that you'll get a fix - and if you get no fix, you can just yell like hell

I have a good knowledge about Amiga's DT, enough to write a noteplayer myself (actually i really did it, to test my audio dma wait code).
But my knowledge about EP's specific stuff is close to nil.
Both DT and EP are no longer developed. They have little or no direct support for streamed audio, and no support at all for 16-bit samples.
Maybe it is time to write a brand new system ?

Are you able to integrate a simple 68k emu that would just be allowed to call some helper routines you provide, and fill in some structures ?
(i.e. just 68k, no hardware emu, no os calls done)

Page generated in 0.05934 seconds with 11 queries