View Single Post
Old 05 October 2015, 11:04   #1
earok

Rise of the Robots: Special Edition

The canon page for this project is http://earok.net/game/rise-robots-se-agacd32

EDIT: Release candidate 1 out now! Download link at the bottom

Just another stupid thing I've been working on. I know it'll be impossible to get a good game out of it but I'm having fun just doing hex hacks here and there.

VERSION 0.1 PRE RELEASE CHANGES:
- Supervisor is available as a playable character for 2P mode and training (without needing to know the cheat)
- Red enemy cyborg has been added as the first opponent in the story mode (this was a surprisingly easy hack, starting the game sets the enemy ID number as "1" for the Loader, all we need to do is set it to "0" for the Cyborg)
- It's no longer the requirement to face harder versions of the primary fighters a second time before facing Supervisor
- Blocked hits do zero damage on any difficulty to either player. This makes it impossible to get through the game by holding UP+RIGHT+FIRE, and the game a lot harder in general. It certainly makes the game more fun but maybe too hard overall (I think this is essentially the same as the DOS version)
- Any strength hit should do damage on hard, not just fully charged ones

RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 CHANGES:
- Fixed newly introduced bug, now all unblocked hits (including those of very low power) will do at least some damage
- New CDXL intro, converted from the "attract mode" of the arcade game
- Military vs Military match can be triggered from the main menu with the blue button
- 4x new or enhanced backgrounds
- 2x altered death screens (Sentry and Supervisor)
- Enable shadows as a default option
- Special Edition credits added to original intro

DOWNLOAD
http://earok.net/games/RiseOfTheRobotsRC1.zip (CD32)

Stuff I've given up on (But if someone comes up with a way to fix these, it'd be most appreciated!)
- Ability to play more than just Cyborg vs Other Robot or Military vs Military. There are significant problems with this, not the least of which certain files for supporting a bout between two robots (the R#R# files) are missing for most combinations of one robot vs another.
- Further changing the charge mechanics, I'm happier with how they are now than they were originally.
- Unlimited continues, I figured this was going to be too difficult to do properly. In any case you can now fight the supervisor in training mode at any time, so it's at least possible to face every opponent without starting from the start.
- Change bouts to 1/3/5, it wasn't a quick fix and I figured it wasn't important enough to worry about.

Last edited by earok; 22 October 2016 at 00:48.

Page generated in 0.07254 seconds with 11 queries