View Single Post
Old 30 September 2015, 17:40   #37
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Ok, I digged out my old maps for Dungeon Master and Black Crypt yesterday, after about 15 years for DM, and 10 years for Black Crypt....
DM maps go up to level 8, so that seems to be where we gave up for some reason. I cannot remember exactly why ?! Maybe we just gave up because of lack of time to meet and play, or something alike ?!
At least I remember those red worms in some later level, which were tedious because they re-spawned (something I hate in all games)
However, I also remember that we killed them again to gain some food and experience ?

The rune system was not a blocking issue, but a bit uncomfortable. I would have preferred to have the speels in a list, where I can just select it during the real time combat. It simply take too much time to assemble a spell, when you are busy with clicking on the warriors's weapon hands during a fight, imho.

Food and water never was much of an issue for my friend and me, since we had the habit to explore and map a dungeon completely first, no matter what it cost.
Then once the map was completed, we rushed through it in the fastest way possible, including killing all monsters and picking up all items, and then save the game again.
This way we played the levels in a very optimized way, without having to consume too much food & water.

But thanks for all the input again to all of you. I might want to try DM again, or maybe also start again with DM II ?

As for Black Crypt, the old maps I have stop at level 3, so we obviously didn't get very far in that game before we gave up. I also seem to remember that there might have been some bug, which made us stop playing ? (I think we somehow got into a level where we shoud have been much later in the game, and couldn't kill the enemies, or something ?! I also still have the old savegame disks(s), so I could try again (but I probably have no idea where I was and what I would need to do next, and so on...)

One more question:
What do you guys think about 'Spirit of Adventure' ?
It is a German game, so no idea if it is known to non German speaking people ?
It looks like a 'Blades of Destiny Light' to me ?
Also, it seems there is no real 3D dungeon crawling, but more like '3D city crawling' ?

Page generated in 0.05275 seconds with 10 queries