View Single Post
Old 23 September 2015, 13:36   #21
wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegamer82 View Post
I wanted to share a new Kickstarter campaign with you all.

The goal is to re-release classic video games from the 80ís and 90ís via a player that works on mobile phones, tablets, and smart TVs. This includes 100s of popular games from Amiga, Atari and others.

You can learn more about it on the Kickstarter website: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nfinity-player
As I assume I'm actually addressing someone behind this Kickstarter, here's a list of friendly advices:

• Put a little effort into your images. Many of the Photoshop jobs (like the jagged edge cut-in) are sloppy to say the least.
  • If you have an "extensive demo" show it! Nothing sells better than actually showing the goods.
  • Don't build your pitch video around stock photos and badly resolutioned images you just found on the net (if not Nintendo merchandise is included that is? ).
  • Pitch your Kickstarter to players, not venture capitalists. If you're in it for taking a share of the growing market it's at least honest, but not really a reason for people to become backers, is it?
  • Explain what people get, there's no way to understand what the included "credits" actually is worth to anyone.
  • Revise your price point. Looking at the levels, $10+ per game is way more than what they actually are worth on todays market even to the most hardcore nostalgics.
  • Build a fan base before adding company merchandise as perks. Although it's nice with companies which are proud of their brand, others actually don't care about getting a screen saver or t-shirt with the company logo.
  • Focus on licensing the top titles. It's far better to go for the games people remember as good and not generic old games. There's a reason why people remember them and in some cases they may have stood the test of time.
  • And finally *if* you're posting PR on other websites, be tranparent about you being the sender!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05362 seconds with 9 queries