View Single Post
Old 18 September 2015, 17:10   #392

Originally Posted by Olecranon View Post
My argument is that it should be cheaper if the option that 99% of the people view as a "must have" is simply included. This should be especially true if the components are included on the motherboard instead of having a separate production run for the modules.

I'm from the U.S. Maybe my estimate on how many people would actually want 15kHz output is slanted to near ZERO since we don't have CRT TV's with scart connectors. To me, the idea of trying to use a 30 year old 13" CRT RGB monitor makes as much sense as using a 30 year old KB/Mouse.

I understand that people want the retro experience, but this is a perfect opportunity to bring the AGA amiga into the 21st century while leaving behind the old decaying components that have no replacement/repair options.
There are modern LCD monitors that handle 15kHz. I have a BenQ BL702A and it works just fine. You can find them on Amazon for a lot less that the price of Indivision. And with RGB to VGA adapters + a VGA switch box you can let several Amigas share it. I have no real use for Indivision.
Future FPGA accelerators promise HDMI output, when that happens Ill get one of those, but again.. wont need indivision..
Page generated in 0.08370 seconds with 9 queries