View Single Post
Old 12 September 2015, 16:20   #85
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
@OlafSch What is the current state of 68k / AGA support in Hollywood. I always thought of it as ppc OS4 or faster.
it runs on 68k (minimum 68020) but needs RTG at the moment. AGA is promised by plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
@OlafSch What is the current state of 68k / AGA support in Hollywood. I always thought of it as ppc OS4 or faster.
I normally use it on emulation not real hardware. AGA is promised and it has to be seen how it runs on a A1200 as example. I think it will become more interesting when fast FPGA based accellerators are available. And yes handcoded and optimized assembler games might be faster but if you want to reach developers outside the community I fear you need support of commercial platforms. So to me Hollywood seems to be the only realistic option. And regarding assembler developers, how many are left? I contacted a number of former devs that I found in internet but I found noone really being interested to return. Some have even died, most who are still active develop for smartphones. And in any case all are getting old. That is not offering real future.

Last edited by TCD; 12 September 2015 at 17:29. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Page generated in 0.07062 seconds with 9 queries