View Single Post
Old 07 September 2015, 13:27   #259

Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Good grief, it is ACA, not AGA... stop being so ignorant.
Actually, I was referring to the ACA when I said ACA.

Originally Posted by desiv View Post
it sounds like you might be confusing the "activation" with the use of the features.

I don't have that model ACA, but I believe based on what's been said and the docs online that you add the license using the shell one time.
ACAControl A <license code>
Once you add it, the card remembers it..

That's different from using the newly added feature.
If the feature is RAM, sounds like with 3.1, you don't need to do anything.
But if you have a 3.0 kickstart (which many of us still do), you need to put the ACATune app in your startup sequence.

I would think that if the licensed feature is the CPU speed, you'd license it the same way, using the ACAControl command line app.
Then once added, you can use the ACAClock program (possibly in your startup-sequence if you want it there) to actually change the clock speed.

Thanks Desiv, that sounds a lot clearer and with Jens' confirmation below I take it to be correct.

Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Thanks for actually reading the available documentation, although you don't even own the product. That puts you way ahead of some other users. I can confirm that you've fully understood the details.

This is also a relief for me, as my documentation has been criticised by native speakers from the UK and Ireland. My native Language is German, which may be obvious from mistakes that I make. However, if another native speaker confirms that the information is actually there and not too difficult to understand, I can't be totally wrong.

Are there more people who think that two introducing sentences and then the example command line for adding a license is too much to read?
If you read desiv's post properly, you will note that he mentioned that he did not only use the documentation, but this thread as well as his own experience with ACAs. You could also learn what a helpful answer looks like. So before being so smug you could notice that the language of English is not the issue here.

Obviously you are not interested in customers like me that want to use these products in the leisure time and get it going quickly, unlike the case with the AGA I bought which is an experience I don't want to repeat. Saying I have "nothing to complain about" after that experience is ...

Edit: I've ordered one and it's running very nicely. I'm very happy with the quality and consider the price great value. Looking forward to upgrading.

Last edited by TenLeftFingers; 28 October 2015 at 13:08.
Page generated in 0.05657 seconds with 9 queries