View Single Post
Old 06 September 2015, 00:29   #362
chaos

Hopefully there is an AROS developer around here to help me out

I'm trying to boot AROS on the MiST board running minimig. I've added support for 1MB kickstart ROMs, which seems to work OK, even with 'normal' extended kickstart ROMs (thanks mfilos for your help two years ago ).

So the AROS kickstart replacement boots up just fine, I even managed to start Agony (which didn't work completely OK - sprite collision problems?, but still good enough to finish level 1).

What I'd like to do is boot the AROS distro, but the kickstart replacement doesn't seem to detect the Gayle IDE, as implemented in minimig. The normal kickstart detects the minimig Gayle just fine.

The same AROS kickstart replacement works in WinUAE though.

Another thing - using the normal kickstart to try and boot AROS doesn't seem to work - it reports missing std.library and later hangs.

Here is the serial log from running AROS kickstart replacement on minimig:
Code:
[InitCode] calling InitResident (4 81 "ata.device")
[InitCode] calling InitResident (4 81 "ata_gayle.hidd")
[ATA] Gayle ID=dd. Possible IDE port=00da0000.
[ATA] Status=40,40
[ATA  ] ata_ReadSignature: Found signature for ATA device, but further validation failed
[ATA  ] ata_ReadSignature: Found signature for ATA device, but further validation failed
[GAYLE-ATA] Failed to create object for device IO: da0000:da1010 IRQ: da9000
So, if there is anyone that could tell me how AROS kickstart is trying to detect Gayle, I'd be grateful!

Page generated in 0.13634 seconds with 9 queries