View Single Post
Old 02 September 2015, 17:39   #15
waltc
Martian Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
I can confirm that the web setup did work on Win8.1. I did a clean install of Win10 and I got the popup to load DX drivers when WinUAE was started.

I copied the url from the popup into the browser and downloaded the dxwebsetup.exe but It wouldn't install anything. I'm using Win10 pro.
Very strange...that's the one I just uploaded, as an attachment, I believe...and on my Win10x64 system it initializes for a few seconds and then informs me that I "already have the latest version" and exits...having done nothing! Like I mentioned to Toni, dxsetup, from the full DX directory, installs all the files...you can see them install by name individually, and the process takes a couple of minutes to complete.

The only thing I can think of is that this is what happens when I already have 9.0c installed alongside Windows 10 DX11.x...possibly. Anyway, I have always forced the DX 9.0c install by running dxsetup.exe from a 9.0c decompressed directory of DX files (from the full runtime directx_Jun2010_redist.exe .)

Page generated in 0.04931 seconds with 9 queries