View Single Post
Old 26 August 2015, 01:09   #8
furtling tinkerer

Originally Posted by sardine View Post
@ MrFluffy, I just checked your amibay account,

you was not banned for 1st april, year 1921

your declared location in your profile was did not match and banned.

out of every 10 new signups,, 5 are bots, 3 gave wrong details to gain entry, either previously banned or trying to hide, the last 2 are allowed as correct.(average)

this is a day in day out task, we do voluntary, you should see the "new sign up ban list" i should get paid

oh! and I dont have access to emails, moderators can't read the email system, that's the admins job. (cracks whip!!)
If I wanted to hide, I would do so in plain view picking plausible entries for each field, sign up from a endpoint in the right country, set my browser UA to something common etc, as I imagine any actual potential miscreant would do?
I've never been banned, nor was I making any real effort to hide, I just value my privacy a little and don't see why a web forum needs the detail in such accuracy, when there's nothing concrete to verify that against anyway. If I'd have stuck Birmingham UK as my location and googled for a valid postcode of a residental street there and used a vpn, you would have been none the wiser, and it'd have been just as fake as outer mongolia but displaying some criminal intent. I might have 3 accounts on there already that you don't know about. Who knows.

In reality I thought about it when I got the "banned for life" melodrama un-welcome email as it was fun to play with google+ and farcebook when they made the same mistake but decided ebay would be much easier. Simpler all round for everyone.
Page generated in 0.06143 seconds with 9 queries