View Single Post
Old 25 August 2015, 14:20   #38
beezle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
500-700 seems crazy, but I usually have mine for 3 years and then my usually wife inherits it while it's still a good phone. Most of the people I know with Android phones seem to replace them in half that time and put them in a drawer. That's what I've noticed, at least.

Then there's the question of who I want to give my money to. I don't like Apple's lock-in but I feel it's the lesser of two evils when it comes to Google's, well, being Google. I'm not stupid enough to trust any multinational corporation, but I REALLY don't trust Google.
Much easier to justify replacing a phone that cost %10 or less though.
My android phone cost me $49 three years ago and is still kicking along fine.
About 12 months ago I also bought an android quad core bay trail tablet for $189, and it gives performance pretty well on par, often greater than any iOS device.

That's much easier to swallow than 5-700 pounds, and infinitely more flexible given I can also run iOS, windows, Mac os, Linux, AROS, etc, etc software. (VMs and other software).

As for not trusting Google, fair enough, but why would a person sign in anyway? I never do.

In regards to google maps on a slow device being a problem, that's only a concern if you're a mute
Have people really become so disconnected that they've forgotten how to ask people for directions? Often quicker than google maps regardless of the device a person uses. Nav Sat is more practical a digital method as well.

All in my opinion of course.

Last edited by beezle; 25 August 2015 at 14:28.

Page generated in 0.06591 seconds with 9 queries