View Single Post
Old 22 August 2015, 20:21   #224
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga_CDTV View Post
I am using the Janus install disk 2.1 (from http://amiga.resource.cx). The installer creates the autoboot file (no need to run makeab manually), but what else do I need to do to actually use it? If I boot from the DOS floppy (the one in the Zone) and run fdisk, it doesn't detect any disks. The 2088XT manual says PCDisk should be run first in order to use autoboot file, but the 2.1 disk doesn't have it.
I am sorry to keep asking this, but I still can't manage to get this working. I have a vanilla WB3.1 install within a A3000 setup (both in real life and in WinUAE) with A2088XT. I can create hardfile (either with the setup or the makeab) file, it shows correctly in the aboot.ctrl -file, but the DOS 3.2's FDISK can't see it. This shouldn't be this complicated, but why can't I get it working? Do I need to do something more to attach it?

The CBM manual for Janus mentions PCDisk, but I am beginning to believe that to be something related only to earlier Janus versions as the 2.1 install disk doesn't have it.

Page generated in 0.04499 seconds with 11 queries