View Single Post
Old 07 August 2015, 22:42   #9

Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
This might also indicate that the game advertising mainly happened through word of mouth in the German Amiga community
That's possible, but my strategy was the same: an announcement in the biggest Amiga forum (

It could be worth it to buy a few dollars worth of Google Ads, I would definitely click on an add selling an Amiga game if I saw one pop during an Amiga related search! The Amiga keyword is probably not very expensive moreover so that would not cost you guys too much.
No, I certainly won't annoy anybody with Google Ads.
We don't need to sell the game and we don't make any profit. The price is just for covering expenses.

I will buy a copy tonight in any case!
That's great! But seeing you're from Canada it might be difficult, as we chose to accept only bank transfers from the EU.

And out of curiosity, how many copies did you guys produce/send (even if just a rough approximation)?
I don't know the latest numbers. One or two weeks ago our project leader told me something around 80 copies.

It is a bit depressing to see people talk about how nobody makes good games for the Amiga when on the other hand people who do never release any kind of "sales" number: hard to get motivated to do anything when there is no data available to gauge the Amiga market.
You cannot see it as a "market". You can be happy to cover your expenses. It's a hobby and we do it for fun. So nothing will stop us.
The games are available as free ADF download. The physical release was just meant as an extra service for collectors.

Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I totally understand, but that does limit some of us..
I know, but that's how it is. PayPal is no option. And we try to avoid any sorts of problems with international money transfer and shipping.
Page generated in 0.06175 seconds with 9 queries