View Single Post
Old 05 August 2015, 15:27   #13
RetroPaul

I never played SWOS back in the day as i sold my A500 and replaced it with a CD32 and sadly it was never released on that. I did play the CD32 World Championship edition to death though and got very proficient at scoring from all over the place. Infact to make it a challenge my goto team was San Marino and i could beat any computer controlled team with ease.

When they re-released SWOS for the Xbox 360 i bought it straight away and found i was pretty good at that aswell, it's very rare to beat any keeper with a straight shot up the field, but like other have said a bit of aftertouch on a diagonal shot and the goals go in fairly easily with practice. Certainly a lot more difficult to score than classic Sensi though, and the differences in the teams are much more obvious.

I do remeber beating Nigeria 50-0 in a 6 minute game back in the day, there was a bug that on kick off as long as the ball didnt go past a point in your half the match wouldn't end, and the Nigeria goalie was hopeless. I also remember a never ending penalty shootout, where basically the goalie couldn't save it, in the end it had to lose the match by hoofing it over the bar... Ahh the memories

Last edited by RetroPaul; 05 August 2015 at 16:48.

Page generated in 0.04699 seconds with 9 queries