View Single Post
Old 31 July 2015, 11:51   #99
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Too slow. They didn't have enough time to make the machine download their code. Why the heck would they want to do that is beyond me, btw.
Never assume people's motivations. Why the heck would anyone want to hack the Mr Beanbag website? People hack because they can. People hack for the lulz.

Quote:
Nothing could be gained indeed. But what can be gained in hacking someone's xbox ?
for goodness sake this is like playing whack-a-mole.

THEY COULD BUY STUFF WITH YOUR MONEY AND LISTEN TO YOU AND WATCH YOU IN YOUR OWN HOME.

Quote:
Sorry, but the same features could be there without extremely large code.
You can't have lots of features without lots of code...

Quote:
You need no security on your side to go on these sites.
I type my credit card number in when i buy things online. A key logger could have got in through some other route. The narrowness of your thinking is astounding.

If one program on your system has an exploit allowing someone to inject code, your entire system is open, not just that one program.

And it isn't necessarily badly written. Security is HARD. That is why it is imperative to limit the damage malicious code can do if it gets in.

They managed to plant malicious code in a Jeep over its DAB radio.

SSL only protects against someone eavesdropping on the communication, it doesn't guarantee the safety of the content.

Page generated in 0.11162 seconds with 9 queries