View Single Post
Old 29 July 2015, 13:36   #78
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
Somebody hacked the Mr Beanbag website, don't ask me why.
Wow

Quote:
Here's another problem that plagues even Amiga users, i see complaints about it on this very forum. If a program crashes, it can take out the entire system, because it can just write into memory at random. There's no resource tracking, no memory protection... nobody in their right mind would design a new system where that would happen.
Indeed, it's absolutely terrible when programming in assembly language, C is not as bad.

Quote:
This is supposed to be a multitasking platform. One program gets a "null pointer error" or what have you, and you lose all your work in everything else you have open.
How much work do you really loose because of crashes? A few minutes? I save VERY often, even on my Winbox. Obviously memory protection should be an option at the very least, but if you're loosing real amounts of work because of crashes then you need to learn how to save

Quote:
but computing is mainstream now, and it's social.
You call everyone messing with their phones EVERYWHERE social? LOL As much as I like technological advancement, all those phones are just ridiculous. Seriously, take people's phones away and they'll get physical withdrawal symptoms

Page generated in 0.05412 seconds with 9 queries