View Single Post
Old 29 July 2015, 12:11   #21
rabindranath72

Thanks, got the latest beta .exe.
Re-installed WinUAE on a different PC, with a different OS (Windows 7 Professional)
Bottom line: doesn't frigging work.
Tried both with manual setting of CHS (RDB enabled) and no manual setting of CHS (RDB enabled). A590 roms ver. 7. A2091 1.30 install disk dms. KS 1.3, A500 1MBchip+1Mb slow.
I created a 21 Mb image, then set A590 controller, XT, SASI CHS, RDB enable. From there, the two attempts at manual geometry (782/2/27) and no manual geometry (the shaded boxes are left at 0).

From the logs, it seems always the same frigging CHS geometry is read (612/4/17) regardless of manual or no manual setup. So I think it's no wonder that it doesn't work. HD Toolbox allows me to set the WD device configuration, but on a reboot I can't see anything, the configuration is not "hold" by the hard disk (if I run HD Toolbox I must *again* select WD) and if I try the HD Format program, it doesn't even find DH0:
So, yeah back to square one. Well, not really, because I really think I am done with emulation

No chance at all to share your configuration file or zipped image, eh?

This whole thing is supposed to be deterministic, for Pete's sake. I can't see how we get totally different results with the same frigging software.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_debug_XT_manual_WD.zip (36.1 KB, 237 views)
File Type: zip winuae_debug_XT_nomanual.zip (68.0 KB, 215 views)
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05042 seconds with 10 queries