View Single Post
Old 26 July 2015, 19:13   #36
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
You seem to be disagreeing with me but i'm not sure exactly what i said that you are disagreeing with.
I disagree with you that lack of background is not main problem (at least this how i understand you) - in our times we learned how to use resources efficiently, it was necessary to use algorithms smart way - drawing circles exploiting symmetry so only 1/4 need to be calculated, or how to copy efficiently data from one area to another or how to output data trough serial or even how to perform calculation without FPU.
Currently everyone don't even bother - just suing API, LIB or something similar and ... have no clue how things are done internally...
I have smart guys with multiple years programming experience, they coded complex financial application ,databases for very well known software company, they claim that their software works years and years without problem and i believe this can be true, then they trying to do something else... and they capturing PAL (25/50Hz) video with NTSC (30/60Hz) framerate... for me this is clear - you can be good in complex applications for banks but you fail in trivial thing like capture video for further processing...

There is already low quality of everything. Furniture from IKEA that drops to bits, in fact it is killing children because it falls over on them so they give you a bracket to screw it to the wall. I wish this were a joke. I don't want to have to screw my furniture to the wall, that's insane.

Clothes as well, a few wears and it's good for nothing, the stitching is coming out after day 1. We have quantity over quality consumerism.
I agree this is why i hate IKEA and that's why i always consider to build furniture by my own... ridiculous... well not if see problem...

Absolutely... i also see a lot of "cargo cult programming", someone learnt that a particular design pattern or strategy is good and so they just do it for no reason.

There is more than that, i'm sure... why a phone needs a quad core CPU i don't know... but i do know that my old Nokia had a monochrome screen that i could read just in ambient light, it didn't even need a backlight during the daytime, unlike the modern phone which you can't even see if it is too bright outside.

All of the emphasis is on the superficial. But there exist low-power screen technologies, like E-ink. I would buy a phone with some kind of E-ink screen, if i were to buy a phone. Battery life is probably the thing i would care about the most. But i suppose, it is not something you can really show off to people.
Well... there is few things that can be improved - but... but this is not important - i see frequently people with insanity in eyes... they searching for some power source to charge smartphone... and we ending on this level of madness that people during meetings instead focusing on serious topic using smartphones for Candy crusher?
But let ends this complains - for me Amiga was first serious experience with professional video processing - this experience biased my professional life and that's why Amiga is for me something more than just personal computer...
Page generated in 0.05592 seconds with 9 queries