View Single Post
Old 12 July 2015, 21:21   #31
jPV

This is your first comment which made me to respond:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd_jedi View Post
Unless you're into Amiga only PPC compatible productivity software, there's really no point. It uses UAE to run 68k software and games, so it's no different from running an emulator on a modern Mac or PC!
1) Although MorphOS runs Amiga PPC compatible software including WarpOS and PowerUP binaries, and even OS4 binaries in some degree, it also runs 68k software. And the 68k software compatibility is what people are mostly interested when they use MorphOS, because the amount of it available. Without backwards compatibility with 68k there wouldn't have be any MorphOS users at the first place. So the claim "Unless you're into Amiga only PPC compatible productivity software" is wrong.

2) You said "It uses UAE to run 68k software and games" is wrong too. 68k software can be run without UAE. I admitted that only small amount of 68k games do work without UAE, but for other binaries it's quite the opposite. I don't know why you started to talk only about games later even when you made difference between "software and games" originally. And if you run MorphOS on the real Amiga, then even those games do work better too. It's only if you run MorphOS on the hardware without the Amiga's original chipsets, then hardware hitting non system friendly games don't work without UAE.

3) It's very far away from running UAE on some non AmigaOS API compatible OS, as I've been trying to explain. "It's no different" it's very harsh and misleading wording for the AmigaOS API and binary compatible OS which is fully based to AmigaOS structure on its own too.

I just wanted to correct these claims so that other people wouldn't take it literally when it's not quite correctly said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd_jedi View Post
And as you don't seem to have even read any of the posts so far, here's the OPs question and first response:
He's got few proper answers, I can't see he'd specified the question to games compatibility only.

Last edited by jPV; 13 July 2015 at 08:04.

Page generated in 0.05307 seconds with 9 queries