View Single Post
Old 03 July 2015, 13:36   #28

Originally Posted by Staringlizard View Post
I am not sure, but anything that outputs 576i and probably similar formats like 480i (not tested) will be converted. I have tested with Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200 in PAL. Multiscan and other formats will not work. In most games I think 576i is used but I am not sure.
Very few games use interlaced output - pretty much everything uses 50Hz 288p (or 60Hz 240p on an NTSC Amiga).

The horizontal update frequency is around 15Khz for these old computers. I do not think you can use the RBG input on your not so old TV due to lack of support. But I am not sure, if you try it out, please send a memo
Every TV will support 15kHz if it has analogue inputs since this is also the frequency used by analogue video signals. I've yet to see a new TV without at least one analogue input, but I suppose those days will arrive at some point so it's good to have a HDMI option available. Computer monitors are a different story since they don't often support 15kHz, but that's been the case for probably 20 years so it's nothing new.

Good work on the project!
Page generated in 0.09977 seconds with 9 queries