View Single Post
Old 02 June 2015, 11:19   #160
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software
i think what would really benefit Amiga is a better programming language, aimed at games programming. Simpler machines are already in a games-type environment as soon as you switch them on - i don't mean BASIC i mean you have complete control over everything, with the Amiga you have this multitasking OS to deal with. A lot of early games did just treat the Amiga like a C64 and wrote all over memory wherever they liked and that is the cause of a lot of incompatibility problems. Also loading files from disk requires either using the OS or writing your own track loader. Doing it properly is hard.

i would like some programming environment that gives you features like bobs, sprites, blitting &c, we are continuously re-inventing the wheel just to do these basic functions. Something like AMOS but which doesn't suck. Obviously there is Blitz, i don't know what that's like to program in. Also Amiga E, and likewise, i don't know much about it. but i sometimes think about this sort of thing, about a programming language tailored to the Amiga game developer's needs that is also as fast as possible, giving low level access as well as high level features.
Page generated in 0.04880 seconds with 9 queries