View Single Post
Old 01 June 2015, 13:52   #109

Originally Posted by Jeff_HxC2001 View Post
@kipper2k I hope that you didn't make a simple copy/past of the gotek schematic since these devices are quite weak... You should at least add ESD protections on the buttons & display lines, on the USB, and maybe the most important for the security of the Amiga and the user : add a current limiter on the USB power supply and a fuse/polyswitch at the power supply input. Do you know that the gotek shouldn't be sold on the U.S & E.U territory regarding the EMC compatibility and electrical safety ? . Take also care of the possible EMI/EMC problems with this ribbon. ( This is just some advices )

Other subject : Is there a mean to connect an I2C LCD on the board ?
I sent you pm regarding I2C, the actual schematic is almost identical to the gotek schematic with a few upgrades to the cheapie parts that they use. There are a lot of Goteks being sold around the world and i think almost everyone has them by now. Ebay and Amazon must have sold thousands of these. There is no other option than to use a cable to get the required signals to the daughter board, the cable shown is on the long side and does not need to be that long.
Page generated in 0.04755 seconds with 9 queries