View Single Post
Old 06 May 2015, 15:50   #174
Zone Friend
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
"I can't be assed to state a counter-argument, so here's a link to millions of search results from all across the Internet! Go do my research for me so I can prove you wrong!"
If you insist on taking part in this discussion, would it be asking too much that you try to emulate adult behaviour? Buzz did list several arguments pro open source software, which you completely ignored so you could dump a(nother) cheap and useless joke into this thread.

Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post
It's not about reinventing the wheel, it's about you creating your own set of personalized wheel. If you can't even do that and absolutely need to pinch someone else code then you're in the wrong field of work. The world has enough script kiddy already.
Nobody who had any training in software development would ever make a statement like that. Actually, trained developers would probably tell you you're suffering from not-invented-here syndrome.

You don't sound like you should be calling other people "script kiddies".

I don't want to lose control of the source code of my own design.
Sharing doesn't mean loosing control, it just means other people can use your code for their projects. You still have complete control over your own projects, of course.

You'd loose (sole) ownership, of course. And the competitive advantage or whatever you want to call it. If you care about things like that - I'm happy for you. But in your case, we're talking 25 year old assembler code most likely written by an untrained teenager - maybe you should perform a reality check before implying open source advocates are "trying to pinch your code".
Page generated in 0.04521 seconds with 9 queries