View Single Post
Old 23 April 2015, 18:08   #142
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
I have had some people commit changes to my SVN, but I revert them when it happens.

D.
Lots of odd comments in this thread. From destroying source code rather than releasing it, to the above. Sounds like you have public commit access - not sure that is a good idea - perhaps use a bugtracker so people can submit patchsets for review.

People can licence their code as they like, but IMHO it is beneficial in many cases to have the code open - especially if the software is unlikely to be developed further by the original devs.

I benefit commercially from open source, and work on a number of open projects in my spare time. Certainly without the code being open, some of the projects I have contributed to would be dead now. If the Amiga community had embraced this years ago, I think we would be in a far better situation with software - as already mentioned, in some cases there were developers who intentionally tried to stop their software being run on another Amiga-like platform as they didn't "like it", which affected the OS3 version too. Never made any sense to me.

Page generated in 0.06861 seconds with 9 queries