View Single Post
Old 22 April 2015, 16:40   #112
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
I meant Ami/WinArcadia...the games currently don't have network support, but it could be added fairly easily.
I tried WinArcadia under WINE now. It works, including joystick support.. But after having the window open in the background for about a minute, its contents start 'bleeding' into all other windows heavily. WINE is nice to have in case of an emergency, but most of the time it's not a solution for everday use. I'm not critisizing you, obviously. Just saying.

There are about ten game ROMs included with the distribution, what kind of license do these have?

Quote:
There's nothing magic about GPL that it is "free software" and nothing else is.
Nothing "magical", no. But 30 years of experience, several court battles plus the defacto standard for free/libre software licenses.

Quote:
the GPL is flawed in my opinion for the reasons stated above so
Granted, lots of people don't like the GPL. But if the major players in the free/libre software movement - who, in the eye of the public, have been defining the meaning of the term "free software" for decades - say that you're not free by their definition (i.e. the definition the rest of the world uses), answering "you know shit" might not be a good idea.

Page generated in 0.05743 seconds with 9 queries