View Single Post
Old 21 April 2015, 23:58   #31
TCH
Newbie Amiga programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
Everybody (every tool) unfamilar with this chunk will ignore it(!). Note the difference.
I know what's the difference, but since currently every tool would be unfamiliar with this chunk, every tool will ignore it.
Quote:
Think about the future. You want to have a future for your tool, aint you?
Future? We're talking about a 30 year old retrocomputer and fileformat. I want to support what exists, not dream about what is not and never will.
Quote:
Well, your tool can have an option to include/exclude that alpha??
It would be pointless.
Quote:
Maybe a 1bit-alpha (mask!)?
The genlock's 1-bit transparency is applied for palette entries (maximum 32 on top of that). That cannot be applied to pixels.
Quote:
Why not create an entire new image class, likewise iff24?
Not my competence. Whenever something will appear what can do something with alpha layers in the ILBM i will support it. I won't create unnecessary and/or useless features, just to create them.
Quote:
Why should a user care about image's filesize anyway?
Because size does matter.
Quote:
This is not 1995 anymore!
On the classic Amiga, it is. Not too much memory or HDD, i won't waste it for unneeded and unusable data.
Quote:
Make it an option. Design it wisely. Publish the specifications.
What do you expecting? Somebody will port Photoshop or GIMP to the Amiga? There won't be any programs what will support it.
Quote:
Btw. gfx cards supports any 24 bit image, which could also be a composition of many different sources of images, therefore also a combined color+alpha image. it is not the hardware that defines the src image.
What?

Page generated in 0.04462 seconds with 11 queries