View Single Post
Old 14 April 2015, 09:18   #152
After today's work, I'll recompile EmuTOS with forcing has_ide = 1 and will check.

As it is now it behaves following way with ACA500 and AROS=1:
- no CF card in either ACA500 slot: EmuTOS starts immediately up to the info screen and then onto the GEM
- CF card present in either ACA500's slot (or both): EmuTOS freezes for about 1 minute with white screen, then resumes boot up and enters GEM, but no HDD is detected.

I tested with 16MB (FAT12) and 2GB (FAT16) formatted CF cards.

Btw. ACA500 has this nice feature allowing to load A1000 Kickstart from diskette, so I could test mapping EmuTOS using both ACAMAPROM command together with freshly complied EmuTOS.rom and also generated A1000-like ADF :-)

Hopefully forcing IDE detection will help, it's definitely worth it and great fun. ACA500 also seems very well suited for this kind of play with its features

Originally Posted by strim View Post
I remember the NetBSD Gayle IDE driver didn't work with ACA500 as-is, though I don't remember what was the exact reason for it not working. It's possible it was just detection related problem.

That's why I wrote the ACA-specific driver (and to support the second slot too).
Could you possibly recall the reason, please? Some time ago I failed to use ACA500 CF port with "A600 compatible" HDD driver under KCS Power PC emulator (PC/XT), although partition C was initially detected, I couldn't format it under emulated PC, though.
Maybe there would be possibility to nail this problem, too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150414_001131.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	43974  

Last edited by Jacques; 14 April 2015 at 10:11.
Page generated in 0.08761 seconds with 10 queries