View Single Post
Old 14 April 2015, 10:18   #152
Jacques

After today's work, I'll recompile EmuTOS with forcing has_ide = 1 and will check.

As it is now it behaves following way with ACA500 and AROS=1:
- no CF card in either ACA500 slot: EmuTOS starts immediately up to the info screen and then onto the GEM
- CF card present in either ACA500's slot (or both): EmuTOS freezes for about 1 minute with white screen, then resumes boot up and enters GEM, but no HDD is detected.

I tested with 16MB (FAT12) and 2GB (FAT16) formatted CF cards.

Btw. ACA500 has this nice feature allowing to load A1000 Kickstart from diskette, so I could test mapping EmuTOS using both ACAMAPROM command together with freshly complied EmuTOS.rom and also generated A1000-like ADF :-)

Hopefully forcing IDE detection will help, it's definitely worth it and great fun. ACA500 also seems very well suited for this kind of play with its features

Quote:
Originally Posted by strim View Post
I remember the NetBSD Gayle IDE driver didn't work with ACA500 as-is, though I don't remember what was the exact reason for it not working. It's possible it was just detection related problem.

That's why I wrote the ACA-specific driver (and to support the second slot too).
Could you possibly recall the reason, please? Some time ago I failed to use ACA500 CF port with "A600 compatible" HDD driver under KCS Power PC emulator (PC/XT), although partition C was initially detected, I couldn't format it under emulated PC, though.
Maybe there would be possibility to nail this problem, too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150414_001131.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	43974  

Last edited by Jacques; 14 April 2015 at 11:11.

Page generated in 0.05979 seconds with 10 queries