View Single Post
Old 05 April 2015, 09:59   #21
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Actually for me the point of AROS - missed by most - was not only to reimplement Amiga OS as open source and to do it cross-platform wise but also to offer open alternatives to the closed source toolboxes around: so you need a RTG? you have a cybergraphx reimplementation; you need MUI? there is zune; an open REXX reimplementation? we ported Regina, a 3D API? Gallium is here, and is working also as a gene bank to save some of the technologies that are not available for development.
All fair enough! By the way, I certainly mean no disrespect to the impressive pile of work that AROS represents. Indeed, it sounds like there is a good deal more there than initially meets the eye, and that better communication about that fact would greatly serve the project and the Amiga community as a whole. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Despite the disagreements in here, I am feeling very inspired by this thread. It's good to see that at least some of the remaining active people may be inclined towards this new direction, which I think can only help.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.07657 seconds with 9 queries