View Single Post
Old 04 April 2015, 18:44   #18
Zone Friend
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
Gotta love the incredible sense of entitlement here, where you're horrible and selfish if you opt not to give away the thing you made for free as you're apparently morally obligated to do.
Thank god you're not a drama queen or something :P

Nobody's demanding anything, as far as I can tell. I just see people arguing that open sourcing stuff would benefit the community more than not open sourcing it.

But don't worry, you can still make money off your work, as long as you give anybody the capacity to take it without paying you!
I was talking about projects that were free already, and could only be monetarised by third parties because of that. It was just an example that "free" software doesn't have to result in the developer not getting compensated at all.

Are you planning to sell your stuff? We were mostly referring to old code anyway. Not sure why you're getting so worked up.

And it sure as hell won't be GPL, those pompous self-righteous freetards can go jump in a lake.)
Fine, then use some other well-known license. GPL is usually just used as an example because it's the most famous free license. There are others (BSD, Apache) that are less strict.

Last edited by Korodny; 04 April 2015 at 18:54.
Page generated in 0.04536 seconds with 9 queries