View Single Post
Old 03 April 2015, 13:53   #6
I have actually aquired two 14 inch CRT TV's for the purpose of my retro stuff. One of them gives a superb picture using a Scart RGB cable. The other one does not show a perfectly still picture. I have ordered a couple of modified scart cables to try on that one. To do Amiga games justice you really need CRT. btw, back in the days I actually was using a 14 inch CRT TV with scart connection, while my friends where using a TV modulator RF connection. RF looks like crap compared to scart. Scart is almost as good (providing you get a perfectly still picture) as an old Amiga monitor, like the 1084S.

I am using an ECS Scandoubler on one of my 500s together with a 19 inch LCD screen. Even if I use scanline emulating, when comparing it to my 14 inch Scart RGB TV it is totally inferior. One could just aswell just use Winuae on a PC. For the most part I will stick to my two CRT TV's with scart. 14 inch CRT TV's with scart is perfect as they are the same size as the old Amiga monitors. I wouldn't want any bigger CRT TV's than this. Of course, if I get hold of a Commodore 1084S I would use that one, but I would not spend to much time trying to get one. Amiga games was made for CRTs, simple as that.

Edit: Got hold of a 14 inch CRT monitor from a 1998 PC today. Looks good when connected to my scandoubler. But not sure if it's better VS my Scart to RGB connected TV. TV has very strong and sharp colors.

Last edited by turrican9; 03 April 2015 at 23:33.
Page generated in 0.05029 seconds with 9 queries