View Single Post
Old 03 April 2015, 00:19   #149

Originally Posted by Tommes View Post
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Awsome work Tommes, I work with 3d too, but its mostly polygons. Haven't used any parametric modeling tool for at least a decade (Catia v5, Studio Tools, ProEngineer etc..), these days its all 3ds max and although entirely possible, it would suck to try to model at this detail level in 3ds max. Autodesk Inventor looks like a good choice..

Now, to my question: Where do you get your input data? Do you measure a physical model with Calipers, do you have point clouds from super detailed scans? Or isn't the model physically accurate? Meaning, it looks about right but isn't *really* accurate.. To me, it would seem that getting the measurement totally right would take longer than the actual modeling part ;-)

I'm asking this, because there is another thread going on about recreating a new plastic case for the A1200. A physically fully accurate model of the case would be a good starting point for a "Open Source" re-design of the case. (Removing copyrighted stuff such as the Amiga logo, but possibly improving other stuff such as making room for a slim CD drive, USB ports... whatever..
I was actually considering doing a photogrammetric 3d model of the A1200 but it could be tough to get a totally reliable model that is equally correct from all directions. (We're talking sub-millimeter precision here)

Page generated in 0.05195 seconds with 9 queries