View Single Post
Old 01 April 2015, 15:06   #51
clh333

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post

Please let us know how it goes when writing those images back to disk.
Thanks for your reply. There is much left to be done:

The utility so far has refused to write the image back to the drive it copied from. I don't know why, yet, but it suggests that the diskette is at fault. I have tried several, formatted and un-formatted, DSDD disks, same as the source disks I imaged. This may also be a cabling issue, though the drive operates properly under DOS direction.

Then there is the fact that the Amigas are torn apart at the moment waiting for 1488 and 1489 chips to arrive. I seem to have blown out the serial ports through careless handling and static electricity. I want to socket the driver and receiver chips in case I do this again.

Finally, I would like to see if the Kryoflux DTC software can talk to the CP board. It would be a long shot, but AFAIK the principle is the same: use a non-NEC controller chip to manipulate the drive and read all signals regardless of sync pulses.

I may just break down and buy the Kryoflux board if I can't make the CP tool work. The site I referenced above says that, far from increasing the capabilities of the software, Central Point actually weakened the software in response to complaints from the industry. Maybe I need to try an earlier version of the CP tool.

I'll keep those who may be interested posted on the results but it may be a few days before I produce any.

Thanks again for your interest.
Charles Hudson
clh333

Page generated in 0.05415 seconds with 12 queries