View Single Post
Old 31 March 2015, 20:05   #49
clh333

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
This is the file repository to look for Copy II PC card drivers and software.

http://retro.icequake.net/dob/files/ (and subdirectories)

A visit there should give you a feel for its scope and limitations.
Thank you for your reply.

As far as I know there were two products from Central Point: Copy II PC was a stand-alone disk copier, and Transcopy was for use with the Copy II PC Deluxe Option Board. Transcopy is located here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/OptionBoa...ndex.html#soft

The TC software runs under DOS. The Copy II PC software was also available for the C64; I have a copy of that as well.

The board is an ISA based board that receives signals from the disk controller (on-board or slotted) and translates them as needed by the software, then relays them to the floppy drive. The documentation claims it copies everything when imaging a disk.

I installed my board on an old PC running MS-DOS 6.2. I located the documentation, which is not completely explicit, and retrieved the TC software. I had to guess about cabling but my 3.5 inch drive responds, i.e. reads and writes, so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

I have succeeded in reading four Amiga-format disks and creating a disk image of each on the PC hard drive. I have not yet written them back to disk or verified their accuracy on an Amiga. Pictures attached.

Thanks again,
Charles Hudson
clh333
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1412.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	43817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1414.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	273.8 KB