View Single Post
Old 25 March 2015, 22:40   #157
mark_k

I've been having some problems with Supra controller emulation. I'm using the "Series II" Supra software with AMAB4 boot ROM.

Using supraboot.dms from www.l8r.net but with fixed/patched supradirect.device, and SupraTools as recently uploaded by clh333 (STII.DMS). [That SupraTools disk is a slightly earlier version than the l8r.net supraboot disk.]

I can partition the disk and install the DriveInit code to the RDB area by runing SupraTools:SupraAutoInstall. At that point the HD is partitioned and will (try to) auto-boot, but the partitions are not yet formatted.

On resetting and booting SupraBoot, it automatically mounts the (not yet formatted) partitions. It prompts for whether to copy Workbench files. Say n. Workbench loads. Open a CLI and type
Format DRIVE DH0: Name Supra0 NOICONS FFS QUICK
Format shows an error message:
Format failed: Error during format.

Running WinUAE with -log -scsiemulog, I noticed this in the log output:
raw_scsi_put_data but bus phase is 3!

If I do a non-quick format, the Formatting/Verifying text appears, and right at the end (presumably corresponding to whatever sectors Format QUICK wrote) there is the same Error during format message.

Configs for 500/XP and A2000 DMA controllers and HDF (partitioned and DriveInit code installed) attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SupraSeriesIIConfigs.zip (6.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: zip 21MB_CHS_615_4_17_PartitionedWithDriveInit.tar.zip (13.4 KB, 178 views)

Page generated in 0.04716 seconds with 12 queries