View Single Post
Old 16 March 2015, 15:50   #140
Meet the Veggies!
Originally Posted by Tommes View Post
Well, biggest disadvantage if you work from home is the transfer of data from and to you. Even with a really fast internet connections it could be no fun at all. On the other hand if you do complete projects with your clients than this wouldn't be an issue as you only submit final renderings as JPGs or videos as mp4s. If you want to work for advertsing agencies I think it would be better to use C4D, Maya or 3DSMax. But there are always companies around which uses LightWave (I do). When it comes down to rendering you could use services like rebus or garagefarm. So no need for an own renderfarm. Well if you are skilled enough go out and make contacts to companies which are in need of some nice CGI
Ah ok thanks for the info. I have a pretty quick web connection so that isn't a problem. I need to keep playing with it first to see if I can do anything decent. I tried a complex Victorian house a few months ago and that was quite difficult. I was going off floor plan sketches which weren't to scale so it went a bit screwy and I gave up with it. I will start smaller like simple furniture and things like that. I have actually been using Lightwave on and off for years now and implemented my own IFF/LWO2 file reader class in C++ for loading Lightwave objects into OpenGL environments.
Page generated in 0.05228 seconds with 9 queries