View Single Post
Old 12 March 2015, 18:41   #9
lifeschool
Vroom World Champion!

PLAY NEWS
The arcade is always one of the most popular features at our events so we're pleased to be able to confirm we will have 80 machines this year, all set to free play. We will announce some of the games on our facebook page closer to the event.

Expect to see all your favourites - Space Harrier, Pacman, Star Wars, Galaxian or perhaps Outrun and give smashing your PB one more go.

If setting a Personal Best isn't your thing, come and watch Jon Stoodley try and get the perfect game on Pacman instead. Jon was so close at last year’s expo, reaching the fabled 'split screen' - is Play Blackpool finally going to be the show where he achieves his dream?
Find out More!

Radiant Worlds
As well as presenting attendees with an exclusive hands-on preview of their brand new game, some of the Radiant Worlds team will be on hand to chat with players and offer some pointers on how to play.

Chief Technical Officer Andrew Oliver will also give a developer talk and take part in a Q&A session about the game and its progress.

Andrew and his brother Philip Oliver initially rose to fame as 'The Oliver Twins’ in the 1980s when they developed several hugely successful franchises, including the ‘Dizzy’ adventures and the ‘Simulator’ series.

Quote:
“I’m very much looking forward to Play Expo in Blackpool in May where I’ll be reminiscing about the 80’s and making classic games like the Dizzy series and many other best sellers for Amstrads, Spectrums and other 8 bit computers. Since then I’ve been leading teams making games for virtually every gaming platform and I’m particularly proud of our latest game, SkySaga. I look forward to presenting this game and giving people the opportunity play SkySaga in the expo area. I hope to be around most of the time to chat to people about the games industry.”
SkySaga: Infinite Isles is an open world sandbox game where players have their own persistent home worlds that they can customise however they wish. The game is currently in closed alpha testing.

In SkySaga: Ininite Isles you create and follow your own path to success, combining skills and tools to suit your needs. Every action you take defines you – the way you look, the tools and weapons you make, your home island, and the challenges you overcome.

As well as giving a talk, Andrew will be contributing to our GamesThatWeren’t feature and will be on-hand to sign some of your memorabilia.
Find out More!

http://www.playblackpool.com/
https://twitter.com/ReplayEvents/
https://www.facebook.com/ReplayEvents/

Please remember to comment, share and like our posts as they appear.

We really appreciate your support, your articles, social media and all your videos. Your support is vital to the show success.

Play Blackpool takes place on 2-4 May 2015 at the Norbreck Castle Exhibition Centre in Blackpool. Tickets can be purchased through the website www.playblackpool.com.

Last edited by lifeschool; 13 March 2015 at 14:18.

Page generated in 0.06616 seconds with 9 queries