View Single Post
Old 02 March 2015, 22:01   #32
Send a message via AIM to wilshy Send a message via MSN to wilshy
Originally Posted by adrdesign View Post
I think we underestimate the amiga audio chip

based on this, we could really have an instrument by itself applying some new concepts using our lovely Paula.

I thought the easiest thing to do is a Live Sample player based on Fasttracker instruments. It could work on a productivity screen to achieve >28k samples even on a plain a600.

I could easy convert multisample instruments to 8 bit XI, so the amiga could be used as a drum player connected as MIDI slave. Some kind of "Fairlight CMI" emulator for amiga would be nice.
Following on from this, I'd rather see a true synth made with some of the techniques in that link. There have obviously been attempts in the past but with today's soft synths available elsewhere I think a proper tone generation / wavetable style synth would be very interesting and something that isn't too "chip" sounding unless you want it to sound like that with simple oscillator waveforms & sound design.

With the lack of CPU power and a audio chip like Paula the workarounds used for the sound generation could get some strange but pleasing artefacts. Could sound fucking awful as well, aliased, digital clipped etc.
Page generated in 0.05135 seconds with 9 queries