View Single Post
Old 23 February 2015, 15:22   #28
Fernando Cabrera

Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
Just finally got around to downloading the demo and having a play. If you decide to use what you have learned to make an original shooter, then please keep the vertical scrolling in too. I was pleasantly surprised when the screen started scrolling up instead of left

Other things I liked about it:
1. CopperSky splash screen - Very nice.
2. Intro anim - Loved it. Every game should have one of these. Even a few frames of anim makes all the difference to setting the scene for a game.
3. Graphics/Imagery - Some bits look like what would happen in SOTB met R-Type. Colourful and striking.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future.
All credits for the nice graphics have to go to Toni Gálvez, he can give more details about them. The vertical scroll sections are there because the demo, as you know, is based in Konami's Salamander. IIRC not many horizontal shmups in Amiga have vertical sections. In fact, I can only think of Turrican II shmup levels... but probably there are more that I can't remember .

It's encouraging to see people using part of his time not only to try our demo but also to write some words about it, letting us know what you liked or not. Thanks!
Page generated in 0.05120 seconds with 9 queries