View Single Post
Old 21 February 2015, 01:21   #18
Going nowhere

Originally Posted by Nekoniaow View Post
This is a pet peeve of mine so I have to ask: will you guys try to obtain an official license?

There is not much money in the Amiga market I assume so it would make sense for Konami to not ask for a very large licensing fee. If you guys can provide them with a convincing prototype I can't think of many reasons for them to refuse the opportunity.

Also, naturally I am eagerly awaiting more information about this project.

Also, I'm glad you chose Konami not hey... another one.
With respect, your 'pet peeve' is how many years too late?

You also underestimate how licensing works. The likes of Konami don't just hand out a licence to produce a copy of their work just for a fee, they'll want design briefs and plans and want to know everything, from release structure, to expected sales, and all that stuff.

And when you've complied with their every request..... they'll turn it down flat, because it isn't good for their brand.

The likes of Konami don't give a damn about stuff like this so long as you're not actively advertising it far and wide and seeking to make money out of it.

There is NO money to be made out of Amiga stuff anymore, thats why Putty Squad got released for free, the ONLY way to make money out of an Amiga title is a Kickstarter campaign, and then, and only then is it worth licencing something, because then you can't possibly be under the radar.

I'd love to finally see Z by the Bitmap Brothers released on Amiga, most of the setups people have now, its perfectly feasible......... I doubt Mike Montgomery would licence it for peanuts though
Page generated in 0.05206 seconds with 9 queries