View Single Post
Old 18 February 2015, 11:23   #8
Steve T

Ah, Amigasith! I wondered if one had been ordered by you, I guess not I appreciate your perspective, It depends how you look at it - Amiga collectors might spend more on a boxed game or many times more on a piece of hardware.

This isn't going to be your first Amiga related purchase, it is an item for a person who has everything.... or at least a decent accelerated 1200 wedge.

I don't have a huge amount of control over the costs, just a small markup, and yes I'd have to sell a lot of these - It's nearly all production cost. The panel takes up a fair amount of machine space not really much I can do about that... If i could find a way to make it more efficient I would, but mainly its just the geometry of the panel.

BTW 3d printing works out better if you're in the US, The price in Euro includes printing, cleaning, handling, shipping and 20% VAT, so the list price does at least cover everything to get it to your door whichever side of the Atlantic you reside.

If you like scifi though and want to try some printing out, take a peek at my store, I have tons of scifi and other models.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/coolhand

@Fitzsteve, thanks for the support! I have a couple more A1200 items available, you're right about mass production, for tooling costs, I don't think you'd ever make that investment back.

Page generated in 0.04286 seconds with 10 queries