View Single Post
Old 16 February 2015, 15:39   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRefa View Post
Yeah, I totally wanted to do that.
BUT everything on the window that pops up when you press the Remap button next to a port in "Game ports" is greyed out. You cannot actually do anything on this window. You can press the Test button and it shows you what button you pressed, but you cannot map it to anything.
Other than selecting presets that then end up not working anyway, there's nothing to do on this screen, is there?
This is known illogical feature which is not explained anywhere.. Built-in keyboard layouts can't be adjusted (due to internal design), you have to click "Delete All" first. Joysticks work.

Quote:
Which is why I resorted to the Input category, at least things APPEAR to do something there. I can reassign some keys, and some of the stuff does something - for example I can assign a numpad key to a non-amiga operation (Save State, for example) just fine. Mapping it to a joystick or amiga key, though? Nada.
Amiga side-joystick? All events should be there (keys, Amiga joystick directions, buttons, mouse, special events), list is unfortunately quite stupid way to select it but it works..

If you want to map physical PC joystick: press Remap and then press joystick button you want to remap, not Amiga-side key.

Quote:
Then you have niceties in there such as no clear relation between the settings you can make in the categories. I can define a configuration in Input but cannot actually select it in "Game Port". Instead, selecting something other than none in GP overwrites things in Input, making it impossible to remap. Or so it seems to me, the way this all is implemented is totally arcane and extremely confusing to me.
Game Ports overrides Input panel. Reason is simple: if you only need to do one "complex" remapping, you can still use "easy" Game Ports mapping for joystick.

btw, this is what I wanted to know, whats wrong so that it can be improved. It is usually always "it is too complex, waah" which then ends with "Works as designed. Closed."

If you still got strange side-effects, please attach your config and I'll check if there is real bug somewhere.

Page generated in 0.06044 seconds with 9 queries