View Single Post
Old 11 February 2015, 19:01   #127
Originally Posted by Flash951 View Post
The Amiga is powerful because it's much more than the CPU, architecture, co-processors, and OS. Even if the Atari 520 ST was 28 MHz and the Amiga 5 MHz, the Amiga would be the more powerful machine.
Yes and no - we must remember that ST was designed in rush to not loose market when Atari lost Amiga technology.
Simplifying - Atari ST was like IBM PC clone but with MC68000 instead 8086.

If the CPU frequency is everything for you, why didn't you bought a PC clone? If you don't understand the meaning of the word "demo" when it's used about something that is not a "scene" demo, please take a look in a dictionary.
Well - CPU frequency:
This sophisticated understanding can be lacking in some people with certain forms of brain damage, dementia and autism (although not always), and this perception has been located by MRI in the right parahippocampal gyrus.
Demo can be considered as general demonstration then anything can be a DEMOnstration but DEMO is DEMO and as such meaning is quite precise.

I didn't knew that all computer talk has to be about what's the better machine for you. For me using an Atari ST is like using a C128 with GEOS, 1571 floppy and ram expansion, both has about 360 Kb on the floppy. Just that GEOS looks better than the greenish GEM, CPM DOS clone stuff.
Well - luckily to me i have no problems with fact that Amiga is better than Atari ST (and that's why i have so many different Amiga's and no Atari ST).
Page generated in 0.05408 seconds with 9 queries