View Single Post
Old 06 February 2015, 22:49   #1
Tobibrocki

WinUAE: No Emulation Window on Screen

Hi everyone,

I just registered here, so, hello, I hope my english is somewhat readable. ^^;

Anyway, the main reason I registered here is because I just don't know what to do anymore to fix this problem or what might cause it.

It's best if I start to explain from the beginning, well, recently I felt nostalgic again and bootet up my Amiga 1200 which has a CF Flash card as a Harddrive installed in it, however, I got messages popping up that there were issues in partition sectors, so my guess was that the Flash Card is going bad.
Naturally I want to save as much stuff as I can (I did artwork and a few icons for my Workbench on it etc.) and I wanted to do it the same way I initially setup the CF Card, in WinUAE.

I was using WinUAE 2.5.1 under my previous Windows 7 install to setup the CF Card, I have since switched to a new HDD with a fresh Win7 Install, so my first thoughts were to download the same exact version of WinUAE and bring over the config files for WinUAE from my old Harddrive.
I setup everything, put my CF Card in the slot, selected it as a HDD, clicked on "Start", the options Window disappeared AND..... nothing. A small Amiga Arrow logo icon did appear in the lower right windows bar (the one near the clock) and I checked Task Manager, a process was indeed running, but i couldn't access it, no window appeared, all I could do was terminate the process, the amiga "check" icon still remained though.
I tried it again and again, reinstalled WinUAE 2.5.1, installed a newer version (3.0.0) of it even, rebootet the PC nothing changed, not even booting a simple Amiga 500 without HDD, just the Kickstart ROM got any results.

I'm out of ideas, do you guys have any idea of what might be the issue here?
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04991 seconds with 9 queries