View Single Post
Old 01 February 2015, 14:49   #42
Bugala

Just noticed this thread. About word "Muikea", while official description is sour etc. This word have changed its meaning. It is similar to "gay" meaning cool in 30s but not so anymore, or cool simply meaning cold 100 years ago.

Nowadays "muikea" is simply used to describe something being in same way as "fantastic! Amazing!" etc. similar things. It isnt so much about the meaning of the word, but more of how that word sounds like in finnish. Hence we can go to a rollercoster in fun park and describe that it was "muikeeta" to be there.

Hence my suggestion to translating it would be to make up word "Smachy!" I believe that would give somewhat close to same feeling as word "muikea" since they both move your mouth the same way at beginning, which i personally think is part of the importance of word "muikea", and they also end up to somewhat similar tone, and "Smash" in english has some similarity with idea of "muikea". Since it is sort of that your mouth is able to move in such wide aspect that it explains the thrilled bang feeling that you just got from something that you are describing using that word.

Page generated in 0.07455 seconds with 11 queries