English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tiny Bobble Beta Released - A new Bubble Bobble arcade port (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=103546)

pink^abyss 13 August 2020 16:21

Tiny Bobble Beta Released - A new Bubble Bobble arcade port
 
Hi, we just released Tiny Bobble. You can download here:
http://www.abyss-online.de/static/do...TinyBobble.adf

Here are some improvements over the original amiga game that you find in TINY BOBBLE:
50 fps (instead of 25fps)
32 colors (instead of 16)
150 items (instead of 40?)
Original screen height of 224 pixel (was only 200 pixel)
Almost all sprite animations (had only ~20% of animations)
Progress Screen (was not available)
Big Enemies every 16th level (was not available)
Player Two Join animation (was not available)
Animated Extend screen (was not animated)
Big Score images (was not available)
Single file (needed a disk)
Animated intro (no bubbles were available)
Animated Boss fight (was a still image)
Multiple endings (had only one ending)


DISCLAIMER: In intense scenes or when playing with two players there can be some slowdown. Playing on A1200 is the cure ;)


http://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tb2.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tb1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tb3.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tb4.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tb5.png

bebbo 13 August 2020 16:31

wonderful! Congrats!!

roondar 13 August 2020 16:39

*snatch* *grab* *take* *fetch*
Etc...

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it :)

pink^abyss 13 August 2020 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebbo (Post 1420411)
wonderful! Congrats!!

Thanks beppo. Good luck with your great compiler work!

Overmann 13 August 2020 17:05

This is GREAT! I have such fond memories of playing this game as a kid and your version is just fantastic! Smooth, nice graphics, responsive controls and nice sounding music!

Neil79 13 August 2020 17:20

:great

pink^abyss 13 August 2020 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overmann (Post 1420419)
This is GREAT! I have such fond memories of playing this game as a kid and your version is just fantastic! Smooth, nice graphics, responsive controls and nice sounding music!


Thanks a lot. I played the game also often as a kid. Good memories!

Bartman 13 August 2020 17:27

Shameless plug ;) This game was done with Visual Studio Code and my Amiga C/C++ Compile, Debug & Profile extension. So don't let anyone tell you you can't do high-quality games for A500 in C.

roondar 13 August 2020 17:45

First impressions: this is really nice :)

Now to beta testing feedback so far (only played a while, so I may come back with some more feedback later):
  • It seems a bit easier than the arcade is (on default settings). Could be on purpose, of course. At any rate, the monsters seem to move quite a bit slower and don't seem to get "angry" unless the hurry up sounds
  • On the other hand, there seem to be far fewer extend letters dropping
  • Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally. Not sure how to reproduce it yet, it seems to have to do with the player being close to a wall.
  • Every now and then, an object (such as a bubble) can disappear from the screen when the player moves next to it. It reappears when the player is on a different Y position than the object.
  • Very occasionally, the game starts in two player mode rather than one when I press the fire button to start. This may be a limit in WinUAE, as I have the feeling this happens after I reactivate the WinUAE window.
  • I've died at least once when colliding with a bubble that itself was colliding with a ghost projectile.

One other things: it seems to run fine on both A500 (with extra memory) and A3000 (68030/8MB fast) emulated environments.

Overall, it's a very good port and looks & sounds great. Runs well too :)
The above is therefore purely meant to be helpful, not as criticism :great

pink^abyss 13 August 2020 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartman (Post 1420424)
Shameless plug ;) This game was done with Visual Studio Code and my Amiga C/C++ Compile, Debug & Profile extension. So don't let anyone tell you you can't do high-quality games for A500 in C.

Right Bartman! Without your tool this would have not been possible. Even the music replayer is done in C.

Some technical infos:
  • To achieve high performance the game uses a copperlist to do all blits while the CPU uses the idle DMA cycles.
  • Pretracker was used to have minimum chipmem usage (3.7kb) for music
  • Between certain levels Doynax is used to decompress new gfx to chipmem as needed.
  • For player animation a small asm routine is used to copy new images from fast to chipmem as needed. 180 animation frames are in memory for the two players.
  • The game uses 3 chipmem buffers with 256x256 with 5 bitplanes. Two for display and one restore buffer.
  • All tiles are placed in fastmem and copied with the cpu to a backbuffer and blitted to the display buffers

Retro-Nerd 13 August 2020 17:46

I've played only a few levels so far. But it's amazing, compared to the original Amiga port. Better in most if not any aspect. Well done. :great

Predseda 13 August 2020 17:51

26. level of 1st try. This port is excellent, just EXCELLENT!

pink^abyss 13 August 2020 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by roondar (Post 1420430)
First impressions: this is really nice :)

Now to beta testing feedback so far (only played a while, so I may come back with some more feedback later):
  • It seems a bit easier than the arcade is (on default settings). Could be on purpose, of course. At any rate, the monsters seem to move quite a bit slower and don't seem to get "angry" unless the hurry up sounds
  • On the other hand, there seem to be far fewer extend letters dropping
  • Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally. Not sure how to reproduce it yet, it seems to have to do with the player being close to a wall.
  • Every now and then, an object (such as a bubble) can disappear from the screen when the player moves next to it. It reappears when the player is on a different Y position than the object.
  • Very occasionally, the game starts in two player mode rather than one when I press the fire button to start. This may be a limit in WinUAE, as I have the feeling this happens after I reactivate the WinUAE window.
  • I've died at least once when colliding with a bubble that itself was colliding with a ghost projectile.

One other things: it seems to run fine on both A500 (with extra memory) and A3000 (68030/8MB fast) emulated environments.

Overall, it's a very good port and looks & sounds great. Runs well too :)
The above is therefore purely meant to be helpful, not as criticism :great

The game is on the easiest setting. (Its gets hard enough in the higher levels :))
I also feel like the EXTEND letters don't come often enough, tho i tried to mimic the Arcade behavior. Need to improve here..

You are right, the accidental starting in 2 Player mode is because of WinUAE mouse handling.

"Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally."
Perhaps you mean when you jump up and are next to a wall? This is how the arcade also works. Its quite different then most games handle jumping.


Thanks for the testing and feedback! :great

DanyPPC 13 August 2020 17:54

Many thanks, I will test on my A1200/030 and 060, MiST

Shoonay 13 August 2020 17:55

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :shocked

Incredible work! :great

Jeeg 13 August 2020 17:56

Happy to play this new game, very good work, congratulations.
I reached the 13th level on my first attempt with WinUAE and A1200 configuration.
I saw a lot of bubbles with differents color but only one with the e letter, I had no bonuses.

roondar 13 August 2020 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink^abyss (Post 1420434)
The game is on the easiest setting. (Its gets hard enough in the higher levels :))

Ahh, that explains it :)
Quote:

"Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally."
Perhaps you mean when you jump up and are next to a wall? This is how the arcade also works. Its quite different then most games handle jumping.
This is probably it, but I didn't notice as much in the Arcade version. I'll try some more and compare with the Arcade to be sure :)
Quote:

Thanks for the testing and feedback! :great
No problem, if I see more stuff or have more questions I'll be sure to post some more :)

Predseda 13 August 2020 18:20

Not sure if this was also in the arcade version, but the delay between I collect the flash bubble and the lightning is then released is very long. It is impossible to aim, while it was perfectly useful in old Amiga Bubble Bobble.

VincentGR 13 August 2020 18:28

Awesome!!!

Thank you so much.

(Comparison video)

https://youtu.be/7pw0KNZksL8

Neil79 13 August 2020 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartman (Post 1420424)
Shameless plug ;) This game was done with Visual Studio Code and my Amiga C/C++ Compile, Debug & Profile extension. So don't let anyone tell you you can't do high-quality games for A500 in C.

Bartman, can you reply on IndieRetroNews with that comment? Hopefully AmigaBill will see it too :D


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.08874 seconds with 11 queries