English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Chaos Engine vs Chaos Engine 2 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=7648)

NytroX86 09 December 2002 23:04

Chaos Engine vs Chaos Engine 2

This may well be my final N.E.E.D.L.E.S.S. thread, but if the Cannon Fodder poll was one sided the result for this one should be pretty predictable. I won't vote since I haven't played Chaos Engine 2 (all the bad press put me off it now!). Quite simply, which do you lot think is better.

Dastardly 09 December 2002 23:17

No contest

oldpx 10 December 2002 00:17

LOL I won't bother voting. I protest this poll :D

Shatterhand 10 December 2002 04:24

LOL at this poll. I think it will be the 1st poll ever to have a 100% in an option.

Just for the record.

IMO, Xenon was great (on the 8 bits versions, the Amiga and Atari ST versions aren't that hot.)Speedball was average, Xenon 2 was incredibly overrated, but not bad at all, Gods was above average (Very overrated too IMO), Speedball 2 was great, Magic Pockets was good (Now this was underrated), The Chaos Engine was fantastic.

TCE 2 is their only real bad game in their catalogue. And I mean, it was REAL bad, not just below average. It sucked ass.

Drake1009 10 December 2002 08:33

I see where they wanted to go with Chaos engine 2, but they totally failed dude!!! (or was that what I should say about skate or die?)

Actually Chaos engine 2 wasn't that bad if you got into it, but dang you really had to fight hard to get into it.

Ash 10 December 2002 09:04

Chaos Engine is the shit!

oldpx 10 December 2002 10:31

Quote:

Actually Chaos engine 2 wasn't that bad if you got into it, but dang you really had to fight hard to get into it.
That's right. It IS playable after all but it is also "painful" to play it this way, under TCE name. Maybe it was never planned as a chaos engine game and then adapted into that concept.

Daz 10 December 2002 17:23

Erm.. Delete Now! - Waste of server space alert!

Ian 10 December 2002 17:30

Quote:

Originally posted by Ash
Chaos Engine is the shit!
I agree.

No wait a minute, I misread ... I thought you said Chaos Engine is shit

An I voted the last option, IMO they are equally shit. There is no difference IMO between the suckiness of both games. They suck equally ... CAPICHE??:p

Dastardly 10 December 2002 17:49

http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/...it_all_out.gif

Muzkat 18 December 2002 12:12

The Chaos Engine is one of my favourite games on Amiga, only bettered by a few others, such as the NOT-overrated Gods.:)

The Chaos Engine has a very simple formula gameplay wise, but it works, and that's why I love it.

I didn't like The Chaos Engine 2 very much at all. It seemed abit rushed to me.

misfit 31 December 2002 14:47

Well, Speedball is one of my all-time farourite games, and prefered it to nr 2...

Exodus 07 January 2003 12:06

I like The Chaos Engine better because you chose one extra person to join your party so he helps you kill enemies. I have to say that The Chaos Engine 2 is a real challenge because as in #1, you choose one character, but only this time, instead of being your friend and helping you kill, he was your enemy and he tries to prevent you from finishing tasks before him. I enjoyed shooting at him just before he manages to push that final switch before a door opens.

StrategyGamer 26 June 2005 08:14

I can't recall any 'Chaos Engine 2'

Maybe I'm just getting old and senile...
but I can't flippin remember any Chaos Engine 2 game...

I do remember Chaos Engine 1 ECS which was a great game.

And I remember Chaos Engine 1 AGA which was superb!

So my vote is for the AGA version of Chaos Engine 1.

Thank you and have a nice day. :)

Peanutuk 26 June 2005 13:31

Again no contest. I replayed CE1 many times after I had completed, a sure test of a games worthiness.

"Node Activiated"

mr_a500 26 June 2005 15:06

To see what Chaos Engine 2 should have been, check out Alien Bash 2.

benkid77 26 June 2005 18:41

I really enjoy playing Chaos Engine 2, Haven't played the first game for years.
So, I'm one of the small minority who voted for Chaos Engine 2.

JohnnyWalker 27 June 2005 00:27

Chaos Engine 2 was sadly nowhere near as good as CE1. I played CE2 until the end, but it was really designed to be fun as a two-player game. I never managed to try it with some one who really wanted to play it, so it's possible it was much more fun with another human player!

Now CE1 with THREE players (as originally indended) would have been amazing!

oldpx 27 June 2005 01:08

Ok two of the CE2 votes came from me just for joking but who the hell seriously voted for it?

edit: ok saw it:

Quote:

I really enjoy playing Chaos Engine 2, Haven't played the first game for years.
So, I'm one of the small minority who voted for Chaos Engine 2.
You're not minority, you're alone. :p

petza 31 August 2005 09:20

chaos

chaos engine rocked the secound suceth NUFF SAID :)