English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.ClassicWB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Little problem with Other menu (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=53186)

lolafg 06 June 2010 14:30

Little problem with Other menu

:) hello ,

i'd like to know how to use the other menu with annotate 2.0 ,
i write that : A-games:S/Sambaworldcup/Sambawm ,
then i save and run "sort other" but nothing is then shown in the other menu window...
i'm surely doing something wrong so if you could give me the light...I was able to use it before with FredEX but don't manage with annotate.

Thanks in advance.

Bloodwych 06 June 2010 23:50

Hmmm. There seems to be a strange issue with the way Ann saves open files when they are loaded via tool-types/icons ie double click a text file. I replaced FredEx as Ann was much faster on 68000 and more lightweight.

You will have to use "Save As" and save the file in the SYS:System/BMenu/Files/Other first. If you are using an older version, it will be in the Expansion/BMenu/Files/Other drawer.

If you use Save, it saves the file in the Ann program drawer by default. So the original file remains empty.

lolafg 07 June 2010 06:47

:) Thank you Bloodwych , will try that , i'm using V25 for 3.1 rom.:)

Bloodwych 16 July 2010 16:04

I've done a little silent update on the GAAE and 68K to resolve this. Removed Anotate and used TransWriter as it works as expected when opening and saving files.

Why Anotate works in the way it does is strange - also too annoying to ignore. Probably could have got around it using a shell script, but no other text editor works like that. Versions on these two files is now v25b.

lolafg 01 February 2012 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwych (Post 675544)
Hmmm. There seems to be a strange issue with the way Ann saves open files when they are loaded via tool-types/icons ie double click a text file. I replaced FredEx as Ann was much faster on 68000 and more lightweight.

You will have to use "Save As" and save the file in the SYS:System/BMenu/Files/Other first. If you are using an older version, it will be in the Expansion/BMenu/Files/Other drawer.

If you use Save, it saves the file in the Ann program drawer by default. So the original file remains empty.

:) hello ,

i know it's an old thread but couldn't test until now , so i tested and couldn't have that working , is it possible (as i don't want to change my version ) to change Ann with FredEX in my current version and how to do ??

Thanks in advance.

Bloodwych 01 February 2012 14:16

Hi lolafg, as you said it's an old thread. As mentioned in my last post, the current packs use Transwrite not FredEx and don't have an issue.

If you want to update, just copy Transwrite from the Programs directory of the current packs and transwrite.cfg from the S drawer (if present). Then update toolsprefs (either from the popup menu->tools or prefs drawer) and ButtonMenu (Settings->ButtonMenu->Load->Menus->Programs) with the new link -

"A-Programs:TransWrite/TransWrite" (or FredEX if you prefer).

lolafg 04 February 2012 14:18

:greatThanks for your help , i could finally make it work :great

Bloodwych 04 February 2012 16:14

Nice, glad you got it working as intended.